In recognition of their exemplary leadership and service, Sabo PR, LLC has promoted Lisa Taylor and Hunter Zuk to director.
In their new roles, each will take on expanded responsibilities for client management, including leadership of client teams and oversight of complex projects. They will also support business development and other initiatives to further the continued growth of Sabo PR, which has been recognized as one of the 2023 Michigan 50 Companies to Watch.
Their promotions were effective on their anniversary dates in April. Taylor recently celebrated five years with SPR while Zuk recently celebrated four years. Their work has been recognized with numerous awards from the West Michigan Public Relations Society of America, or WMPRSA.
“I am delighted to announce these promotions for Lisa and Hunter, who exemplify the ideals of exceptional client service we strive for,” said Mary Ann Sabo, founder and president of Sabo PR, which is celebrating its 20th anniversary. “They are both incredibly talented communications professionals who are thoughtful, caring and outstanding at what they do.
“Lisa brings a wealth of knowledge in media relations, strategic communication planning, crisis and issues management, social media management and more to her new role. Hunter brings a broad skill set that marries excellence in photography, videography and graphic design with written communication and social media management, among others.
“I am deeply appreciative of all that Lisa and Hunter do for Sabo PR, our clients and our colleagues and look forward to seeing how they will continue to excel in these new roles.”
Taylor joined Sabo PR in 2018 as the communication lead for the city of Kentwood. She supports a wide variety of the firm’s corporate, nonprofit and education clients, including Aquinas College, Barton Malow, Care Resources, Emmanuel Hospice, Franciscan Life Process Center, Grand Rapids Community Media Center, Magnus Capital Partners and Woodland Mall and its parent company, PREIT.
Her key accomplishments include:
- Leading a successful millage education campaign for Kentwood in 2022, with 63% of voters supporting a perpetual parks, trails and recreation millage.
- Leading a media relations campaign to celebrate the $100 million expansion of Woodland Mall in 2020 that introduced Von Maur, The Cheesecake Factory, Phoenix Theatres and other leading retailers and restaurants to West Michigan.
- Leading an integrated communication campaign for the 2020 census to encourage a complete and accurate count in the city of Kentwood, surpassing the city’s 2010 overall self-response rate.
- Expanding the Sabo PR news bureau in Michigan by growing reach for targeted articles that showcase the services of Emmanuel Hospice and other clients.
- Assisting with a well-attended announcement of the ninth president of Aquinas College that garnered robust news coverage and positive engagement on social media.
Taylor serves on the board of WMPRSA and leads the professional development committee. She was recognized by the chapter as its Newcomer of the Year in 2021, an award given to young professionals in the public relations profession who have demonstrated the potential for becoming an outstanding practitioner.
She graduated from Central Michigan University with a bachelor’s degree in journalism with a public relations concentration.
Zuk will serve as director of visual services for Sabo PR, supporting continued growth in photography and videography services for the firm. He joined SPR in 2019 as the communication lead for Cascade Township and has supported most firm clients through his talented use of photography and videography, including its growing municipal client base, its many higher education clients, Warner Norcross + Judd LLP, ACV Centers, National Heritage Academies and others.
His key accomplishments include:
- Leading the successful relaunch of SPR’s visual services client offerings, enabling the firm to provide a full suite of visual services, including logo design and brand development, animations, photography, videography and others.
- Supporting COVID-19 pivots from in-person to virtual events by leading efforts to support the virtual graduation of Albion College, two years of virtual award ceremonies for WMPRSA, virtual press conferences and employee messages for a wide variety of clients and others.
- Capturing photos and videos of the first shipment of the COVID-19 vaccine through the Gerald R. Ford International Airport, which were picked up by media outlets globally.
- Launching the successful Lowell Social District in 2021, including the development of the new logo and brand guidelines, naming, messaging and media relations.
- Leading communications for Cascade Township’s parks and recreation master plan and increasing public response by over 400%.
Zuk is a member of WMPRSA. He graduated from Grand Valley University with a bachelor’s degree in advertising and public relations.