Sabo PR is looking for a visual services intern to join our team for summer 2024. To be considered, you must have a strong photo and video portfolio and passion for capturing stories behind the camera, graphic design skills, an eagerness to learn and the ability to work independently.
As an intern, you will support our director of visual services in all aspects of photo and video from pre-production to post-production as well as visual asset management. This includes event photography and videography, client headshots and photos, community photography and other opportunities to support SPR and our clients. You also will work on a variety of other engaging communications projects for our corporate, nonprofit, municipal and education clients alongside our supportive team and have the opportunity to attend team and client meetings, events and other activities.
We have flexible start/end dates for this 10-week internship. We are willing to work with your college or university to ensure it complies with academic requirements.
Our mission as an agency is summed up in four words: Best communicators. Best brands. We hire team members who are exceptional at their craft and want to build a meaningful career working with organizations that are best in class. We consistently strive to go beyond expectations to deliver exceptional results for our clients.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- Currently pursuing a bachelor’s degree in photography/videography, PR, journalism, media/film or a related field.
- Willing to work in Grand Rapids and surrounding communities.
- Be proficient in Adobe Premiere Pro, After Effects, Photoshop, Lightroom, InDesign, Illustrator and Microsoft Office.
- Have effective communication skills and strong problem-solving and analytical skills.
- Able to take co-ownership in client projects and work with internal client contacts, vendors and other key stakeholders to ensure projects are managed effectively and efficiently.
- Able to work with a diverse client base, adapting to each client’s unique voice and moving easily from project to project.
- Able to keep confidential information confidential.
Sabo PR is an integrated communications firm based in Grand Rapids serving clients across the state and around the country. We are focused on media relations, content development, crisis communications and issues management, marketing and branding, social media management, graphic design, internal communications, photography and videography, donor relations and more.
A team of passionate communications professionals, we work hard for our clients – and enjoy our time together. At the core of our culture is our social contract, which each team member signs and is expected to uphold. While we strive to keep work within traditional office hours, we are deadline-driven and committed to client success, so some work outside of 8-5 will be necessary.
While we do work hard, we also know how to have fun. We regularly find ways to connect as a team – from small to big ways. Whether it’s an impromptu team lunch or planning an outing to find a Christmas tree (ask us about Fern), we genuinely enjoy spending time with each other.
For consideration, send a PDF of your resume and an online portfolio of photo, video and design samples by March 18 to Mary Ann Sabo at firstname.lastname@example.org.