Sabo PR is looking for a communications pro to join our team. To be considered, you must be a strong writer fluent in written, digital and visual communications with 3-5 years of professional communications experience in the workplace (beyond college and internships).
This full-time position will be embedded up to 16 hours each week in the offices of one of our municipal clients, supporting its day-to-day communication initiatives, including media relations, social media management, constituent communications, graphic design and other types of content creation. The remainder of your time will be spent working on a variety of engaging communications projects for other SPR corporate, nonprofit, municipal and education clients as a member of our supportive team.
Our mission as an agency is summed up in four words: Best communicators. Best brands. We hire team members who are exceptional at their craft and want to build a meaningful career working with organizations that are best in class. We consistently strive to go beyond expectations to deliver exceptional results for our clients.
Our ideal candidate
- A strong, fast writer: Able to tell a story, create a blog post, craft a media pitch or press release or develop content that soars – and the ability to do it quickly and without grammatical errors.
- A strategic thinker, not just an order taker: Able to think beyond a client’s request and see the larger picture, developing strategic counsel and content to communicate effectively with key stakeholders.
- Adept with social media: Possess a solid understanding of best practices to engage and grow audiences on key social media platforms, as well as proficiency with analytics.
- Visually savvy: Understand how both words and visuals are critical to telling a great story and can utilize Canva, InDesign and other Adobe Suite products to develop newsletters, brochures, flyers, social media graphics, etc.
- A proficient project manager: Take ownership in client projects and be able to work with internal client contacts, vendors and other key stakeholders to ensure projects are managed effectively and efficiently.
- Skilled with media: Experience working with journalists, including developing successful media pitches and media releases that demonstrate proficiency with AP Style.
- A flexible multitasker: Able to work with a diverse client base, adapting to each client’s unique voice and moving easily from project to project.
- Discreet: Able to keep confidential information confidential.
Bonus points for candidates with experience in crisis and issues management or photography and videography.
Sabo PR is an integrated communications firm based in Grand Rapids serving clients across the state and around the country. We are focused on media relations, content development, crisis communications and issues management, marketing and branding, social media management, graphic design, internal communications, photography and videography, donor relations and more.
A team of passionate communications professionals, we work hard for our clients – and enjoy our time together. At the core of our culture is our social contract, which each team member signs and is expected to uphold. We’ve created a welcoming and comfortable office in downtown Grand Rapids and team members are expected to be in-person most days. Of course, we offer flexibility, including a weekly work-from-home day. While we strive to keep work within traditional office hours, we are deadline-driven and committed to client success, and some work outside of 8-5 will be necessary. We offer competitive salary and benefits, including a 401(k) with company match and perks such as free downtown parking, summer Fridays and more.
While we do work hard, we also know how to have fun. We regularly find ways to connect as a team – from small to big ways. Whether it’s an impromptu team lunch or planning an outing to find a Christmas tree (ask us about Fern), we genuinely enjoy spending time with each other.
Interested in joining our team?
For consideration, send a PDF of your resume and an online portfolio of writing and design samples to Mary Ann Sabo at email@example.com. Portfolio should include 3 writing samples (at least one press release, then newsletter content, executive letter, article, etc.), 3 graphic design samples (brochure, flyer, mailer, etc. created using InDesign or Canva) and 3 social media samples (individual posts or campaigns). Inquiries who do not meet the professional requirements or fail to submit writing samples will not receive a response.