Sabo PR is looking for a communications professional to join our team. To be considered, you must be a strong communicator fluent in written, digital and visual communications with 3-5 years of professional experience in the workplace (beyond college and internships).
This full-time position will spend a portion of each week embedded with one of our municipal clients, where you will co-lead their day-to-day communications initiatives, including media relations, social media management, constituent communications, graphic design and other types of content creation. The remainder of your time will be spent working on a variety of engaging communications projects for other SPR corporate, nonprofit, municipal and education clients.
Our agency has a strong culture of being client-focused, meaning we consistently strive to go beyond expectations to deliver exceptional results that turn clients into loyal fans. You can read our social contract here.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- A strong, fast writer: Able to tell a compelling story, craft an attention-grabbing media pitch or press release, develop engaging and easy-to-understand content without grammar or AP Style errors under deadline pressures.
- A visually creative storyteller: Able to create meaningful visual assets to bring content to life. Adept with Adobe Creative Suite or videography/photography is a major plus.
- A skilled digital communicator: Able to implement strategies across digital platforms to create cohesive and consistent branded communications.
- Adept with social media: Possess a solid understanding of best practices to engage and grow audiences on key social media platforms, as well as proficiency with analytics.
- A strategic thinker, not just an order taker: Able to think beyond a client’s request and see the larger picture, developing strategic counsel and content to communicate effectively with key stakeholders.
- A proficient project manager: Take ownership in client projects and be able to work with internal client contacts, vendors and other key stakeholders in order to ensure projects are managed effectively and efficiently.
- Skilled with media: Experience working with reporters, including developing successful media pitches and media releases that demonstrate fluency with AP Style.
- A flexible multitasker: Able to work with a diverse client base, adapting to their unique voices and cultures, moving easily from project to project.
- Discreet: Able to keep confidential information a secret.
Experience with crisis and issues management is a bonus. Ditto experience with photography and videography.
Sabo PR is an integrated communications firm based in Grand Rapids serving clients across the state and around the country. We focus on media relations, content development, crisis communications and issues management, graphic design, photography and videography, marketing and branding, social media management, internal communications, donor relations and more. A team of passionate communications professionals, we work hard for our clients and have fun together. We offer competitive salary and benefits, paying health insurance premiums for each team member and offering a 401(k) with company match. Headquartered in downtown Grand Rapids, we pay for your parking.
For consideration, send a PDF of your resume and an online portfolio of at least 3 writing (press release, media pitch, blog, etc.) and 3 design (newsletter, brochure, flyer, invitation, etc.) samples to Mary Ann Sabo at email@example.com. Applicants who do not meet the professional requirements or do not send a portfolio will not receive a response.