Sabo PR is looking for a communications pro to join our team. To be considered, you must be a strong writer fluent in written, digital and visual communications with 3-5 years of professional communications experience in the workplace (beyond college and internships). You must be vaccinated against COVID-19.
This full-time position will be embedded 16 hours each week in the offices of one of our municipal clients leading their day-to-day communication initiatives, including media relations, social media management, constituent communications, graphic design and other types of content creation. Experience with issues management is a bonus.
The remainder of your time will be spent working on a variety of engaging communications projects for other SPR corporate, nonprofit, municipal and education clients as part of our supportive team of 10. Our agency has a strong culture of being client-focused, meaning we consistently strive to go beyond expectations to deliver exceptional results that turn clients into loyal fans. You can read our social contract here.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- A strong, fast writer: Able to tell a story, create a blog post, craft a media pitch or press release or develop content that soars – and the ability to do it quickly and without grammatical errors.
- A strategic thinker, not just an order taker: Able to think beyond a client’s request and see the larger picture, developing strategic counsel and content to communicate effectively with key stakeholders.
- Adept with social media: Possess a solid understanding of best practices to engage and grow audiences on key social media platforms, as well as proficiency with analytics.
- Visually savvy: Understand how both words and visuals are critical to telling a great story and can utilize InDesign and other Adobe Suite products to develop newsletters, brochures, fliers, etc.
- A proficient project manager: Take ownership in client projects and be able to work with internal client contacts, vendors and other key stakeholders in order to ensure projects are managed effectively and efficiently.
- Skilled with media: Experience working with reporters, including developing successful media pitches and media releases that demonstrate fluency with AP Style.
- A flexible multitasker: Able to work with a diverse client base, adapting to their unique voices and cultures, moving easily from project to project.
- Discreet: Able to keep confidential information confidential.
Sabo PR is an integrated communications firm based in Grand Rapids serving clients across the state and around the country. We are focused on media relations, content development, crisis communications and issues management, marketing and branding, social media management, graphic design, internal communications, photography and videography, donor relations and more. A team of passionate communications professionals, we work hard for our clients – and enjoy our time together. We offer competitive salary and benefits, including a 401(k) with company match.
For consideration, send a PDF of your resume and an online portfolio of writing and design samples to Mary Ann Sabo firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries who do not meet the professional requirements or are without writing samples will not receive a response.