Sabo PR is looking for a communications pro to join our team. To be considered, you must be a strong writer and proficient multi-tasker who has 3-5 years of professional communications experience beyond college.
This position will be partially embedded with a client leading its communication efforts in addition to working on a variety of engaging communications projects for our corporate, nonprofit, municipal and education clients. Our agency has a strong culture of being client-focused, meaning we consistently strive to go beyond expectations to deliver exceptional results that turn our clients into fans for life. You can read our social contract here.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- A strong, fast writer: Able to tell a story, create a blog, craft a media pitch or press release or develop content that soars – and the ability to do it quickly and without grammar errors
- A strategic thinker, not just an order taker: Able to think beyond a client’s request and see the larger picture, developing strategic counsel and content to communicate effectively with key stakeholders
- A proficient project manager: Able to lead a client team, working with internal client contacts, vendors and other key stakeholders in order to ensure projects are managed effectively and efficiently
- Skilled with media: Experience working with reporters, including developing successful media pitches and media releases that demonstrate fluency with AP Style
- Adept with social media: Possess a solid understanding of best practices for key social media platforms, as well as analytics
- A flexible multi-tasker: Able to work with a diverse client base, adapting to their unique voices and cultures, moving easily from project to project
- Visually savvy: Understand how both words and visuals are critical to telling a great story
- Discreet: Able to keep confidential information confidential
Experience with graphic design would be the sprinkles on top of the frosting.
Sabo PR is a full-service communications firm based in Grand Rapids focused on media relations, social media management, crisis communications and issues management, marketing and branding, internal communications, photography and videography. A multi-generational team of professionals, we work hard for our clients – and enjoy our time together as a team. We offer competitive salary and benefits, including a 401(k) with company match.
For consideration, send your resume and a portfolio of writing samples as PDFs (design if you have them) to Mary Ann. Inquiries who do not meet the professional requirements or are without writing samples will not receive a response.