Sabo PR is looking for a communications pro to join our growing team. This position will be embedded half-time in the offices of one of our clients and half time working on a variety of engaging communications projects for our corporate, nonprofit, municipal and education clients.
Our agency has a strong culture of being client-focused, meaning we consistently strive to go beyond expectations to deliver exceptional results that turn our clients into fans for life.
Our ideal candidate will be:
- A strong, fast writer: Able to tell a story, create a blog, craft a media pitch or press release or develop content that soars – and the ability to do it quickly and without grammar errors.
- A strategic thinker, not just an order taker: Able to think beyond a client’s request and see the larger picture, developing strategic counsel and content to communicate effectively with key stakeholders
- A proficient project manager: Able to lead a client team, working with internal client contacts, vendors and other key stakeholders in order to ensure projects are managed effectively and efficiently
- Skilled with media: Experience working with reporters, including developing successful media pitches and media releases that demonstrate fluency with AP Style
- Adept with social media: Possess a solid understanding of best practices for key social media platforms, as well as analytics
- A flexible multi-tasker: Able to work with a diverse client base, adapting to their unique voices and cultures, moving easily from project to project
- Visually savvy: Understand how both words and visuals are critical to telling a great story
- Discreet: Able to keep confidential information confidential
Experience with graphic design would be the sprinkles on top of the frosting.
We’re looking for someone with 3-5 years of professional experience and a bachelor’s degree in an appropriate field.
Sabo PR is a full-service communications firm based in Grand Rapids and focused on media relations, social media management, crisis communications and issues management, marketing and branding, internal communications, photography and videography. A multi-generational team of professionals, we work hard for our clients – and enjoy our time together as a team. We offer competitive salary and benefits, including a 401(k) with company match.
For consideration, send your resume and a portfolio of writing samples (design if you have them) to firstname.lastname@example.org. Inquiries without writing samples will not receive a response.